Wednesday 24 June 2015

Round the World, Mount Snowdon, St Athan to Jersey

Lately I have been a bit distracted my FSX Steam Edition and some new Addons. Getting back to my round the world flight. So my last flight ended up at Caernarfon, I chose the scenic route through Snowden National Park, VFR toward Brecon and then landing at St Athan Air Base on the South Wales coast.

Flying up the valley and over Mount Snowdon
Landing at St Athan RAF, EGDX
Next up, I am learning to use the Autopilot and GPS/Flight Plan to get me to RNAS Merryfield EGDW, It turns out to be a quite unremarkable default airport. My route to Jersey takes me over Charmouth, that I visually recognise from journeys I have made through the town by car.

Flying over Charmouth, Portland Bill in the distance
For Jersey Airport EGJJ, I am using the free version of the Jersey Xtreme by UK2000. My initial approach was too fast and steep and the runway is fairly short, so I had to go-around and try again. Not totally realistic that I changed the paint job during the flight!

Taxiing to parking at Jersey Xtreme, Freed edition


No comments:

Post a Comment