Wednesday 16 September 2015

Just Flight, Messerschmitt Bf 109 (Me 109), Steam Install

I was looking at the Battle of Britain Me 109 on Just Flight Website and it was on offer, but I decided to go for the one on Steam, which is the same one, but Steam installs it, a slightly increased price of 19.99 Euro. I paid for the convenience and it was my first Steam DLC purchase, so I was interested to see how it went. Well it installed automatically and was a very small download, did not ask me for a disk location. I found it on Free Flight by filter for manufacturer of Just Flight.

Bf 109 parked at Wangerooge
So here it is, in all it's glory, a Bf 109 E4, I chose one of the 17 liveries that come with it and landed at EDWG (Wangerooge), part of German Airfields volume 1, which I strongly recommend. There is a very good review at Mutley's Hangar, German Airfields 1 - Island Hopping from Aerosoft. I use this pack with my favourite Britten-Norman Islander, and there is indeed a static one parked up, just out of shot to the left.

There is a conflict with FTX Global airports here, two runways overlay each other, so uncheck FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS in the Scenery Library. Below shows takeoff from EDWI Wilhelmshaven.




One thing I am not happy with, but maybe it's because I don't understand it, I was pressing PrtSc button to take numerous screenshots, but they did not appear in the usual place "Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files", maybe that's because I am running the Steam version now. I only found the one above and it was in a bizarre place on my disk and nothing in the Cloud?! The normal key in FSX is V for screenshot (they are saved in C:\Users\{User}\Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files

No comments:

Post a Comment