Saturday 27 August 2016

New System - Overclockers Evolution Envy Mini-S

After my last upgrade on my old AMD system, I was still not getting good frame rates on FSX, so I decided to bite the bullet and make a step change in my system. I went for a pre-built Intel Core i7 6700K (4.7GHz) system. It's a mini-iTx motherboard by Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Wifi, ASUS Geforce GTX 980 4096MB graphics, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 RAM. I am not a fan of Windows 10, so had Windows 7 64 bit Professional installed. It has Samsung 500GB SSD for the Operating System and a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive.

It boots up very fast! I set FSX Steam on Ultra High graphics settings, only with global texture resolution to Very High and I am achieving 30 - 50 fps for even the most detailed sceneries, such as London City Airport and LAX.




The screenshots above show my graphics settings. I have REX Soft Clouds installed, so weather is using the recommended settings in that case. The PC is very quiet. I can highly recommend this PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment