Wednesday 20 July 2022

Glider hop from Bodmin Airfield to Dadivstow Moor

Burning Blue Design Bodmin Airfield EGLA, is a great airfield to fly the new Discus-2C glider from Got Friends. I used winch launch from runway 31 and flew on a hot, sunny day over to Davidstow Moor where the old airfield is, by the creamery. I used to drive my car on this airfield some years ago. The Bodmin Airfield is right next to the busy A30 dual carriageway.

Just before landing, we fly over Rough Tor on the west side and the open moor, with Crowdy reservoir to the left, before turning in to land at roughly 280 degrees onto the disused airfield. Lovely views over North Cornwall to the windfarm to the North. Davidstow marks the northernmost extent of the moor.

This is the most fun flying on the simulator. The glider is fantastic, even though gliders are not fully supported yet. Got Friends promises to update the model as glider support is added in the future by Microsoft.

Davidstow used to be the location of RAF Davidstow Moor in WW2 from late 1942 until 1945. Roughtor (Row Tor) summit rocks, Little Roughtor and Logan Rock is protected by the National Trust

Launched from EGLA Bodmin Airfield

Soaring over the A30



Roughtor


On final approach to Davidstow Airfield

I dropped my pasty somewhere...

I know I parked my VW Transporter by that building


No comments:

Post a Comment